When children go walking… the routes not only need to be shorter, the pace slower or the destination more exciting… everything just has to be right!
We recommend walks through beautiful alpine meadows and along streams, where your children can build little boats and tired feet can be cooled. There are mills you can visit and plenty to discover along the way…
Huber Hotel all-inclusive deal… offers you
- Children’s rucksacks & baby back carriers
- Buggies to hire free of charge
- 3 communal family walks each week – Monday and Wednesday
- Hiking recommendations
Our recommended walks:
- Fane Alm: 10 minutes walk from the upper car park! This path is also easily accessible with a pushchair! In summer a bus takes you to the starting point. Follow the road from the lower carpark.
- Rodenecker Alm: A walk along forest paths leading to a large meadow overlooking the Brixen Basin and Eisacktal Valley, with a wonderful view of the Dolomites, the Peitlerkofel, the Aferer Geisler and Villnöß! Also possible with a pushchair!
- Altfasstal Valley: Follow a broad footpath leaving the car park on the western side of Meransen and heading into the Altfasstal Valley. At first it passes through a wood until the valley opens out and you are greeted by a wonderful landscape of blooming meadows and countless mountain huts.
- The Almen-Kneippweg Way in the Altfasstal Valley invites you to wade through some water. In the Altfasstal Valley you will find 4 stations where you can try out Sebastian Kneipp’s therapeutic exercises!
- two new family parks on the mountains: Jochtal adventure park and Gitschberg sun park
- Pfunderertal Valley: Drive by car to Dun and enjoy an easy walk to Boden Alm. Duration approx. 1 hr. This walk takes you through an unspoilt natural landscape and is ideally suited to families!
- Walking in the Mühlental Valley at Terenten: Leave the centre of Terenten following the Terner stream and passing the earth pyramids until you read the water-powered corn mills, some of which are 500 years old. One is always operational on Mondays! Duration 1 hr.
For more challenging trips, visit www.trekking.suedtirol.com... And we will also be more than happy to advise!