Family & History
A bit of history - read our interesting house chronicle here!
The origins of the Huberhof date back to the year 1508. Until the 17th century the Huberhof farm was owned by the monastery Abbazia di Novacella. It was built as a two-sectioned farm, which means that the residential building and the farm buildings were built separately (as opposed to a single farm building). Initially, the Abbots let the farm to the Huber family, at a later date the family was able to purchase it. Since that time, the farm has been known as Huberhof, including the guesthouse that is part of it.
Huberhof owned by our family
The records show that the Huberhof has been owned by our family since 1842.
1842-1886 Stampfl Jakob with Pichler Maria
1886-1919 Stampfl Leonhard with Stocken Maria
1919-1957 Stampfl Maria with Stolz Johann
1957-1979 Stolz Alois with Lechner Maria (Oma Maria) with the children Johann, Franz & Gabi
1979-2021 Stolz Franz with Peintner Edith with the children Daniel, Simon, Eva Maria & Anna
from 2021 Stolz Simon with Unterkircher Brigitte
In 1961, the first guests arrived at the guesthouse Gasthof Huber. With the construction of the ski lifts, central heating in the rooms and the building of the road from Rio Pusteria to Valles, tourism in our valley and in our hotel grew steadily: The guesthouse became the Hotel Huber under the leadership of Franz and Edith Stolz.
Founder member of Familienhotels Südtirol
In 1997 we became one of the founding members of the association Familienhotels Südtirol and we have since been specialising in families
. In 2003 we became a member of Familotels.
With attention to detail and focus on the wishes and requirements of our guests we and our great staff continue to develop the hotel Huberhof from season to season and from year to year. The family hotel Huber is now run by the sixth generation in Simon and his wife Brigitte as well as his parents Edith and Franz.